First let's talk about how I started my day shall we?
I had a cup of melted ice that turned to water in my cup holder this morning so I went to pour it on the ground next to my car. Well I had not put my jacket on and had it in the other hand. It was cold (Where the heck is spring!?) so I go to put my jacket on and am rudely awakened by water all ver my head. Apparently when I tossed the old water out it went mostly into my hood instead of on the ground....needless to say I was WIDE awake during my drive into work today!
Each bottle of oil has about 280 drops in it. It lasts a long time. I have been a longtime sufferer of headaches and it is something I have really wanted to get under control this year in effort to improve my health as well. My morning routine last year could have easily looked like this:
Breakfast: 2 excedrin migraines
Lunch: 2 excedrin Migraines
Dinner: 2 excedrin migraines.
Those pills were equivalent to chocolate mints they give you at Olive Garden for me. And much more expensive than the 2 drops of oil I have replaced them with. I dab it on, breathe it in and in minutes my headache is gone. I start off my day with peppermint now and am so happy to say I have not had one headache yet this week. You can even put peppermint in your drinks. Peppermint Mocha anyone?
Lastly, I want to share my favorite healthy recipe with you!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- Smoked Paprika
- Remove egg yolks from the halved eggs and place in a small bowl. Add the ripe avocado, lime juice, salt, onion powder, garlic and cilantro.
- Use a fork to mash the guacamole mixture until smooth.
- Spoon (or use a frosting bag to pipe) the mixture into the halved eggs. Sprinkle with a dash of smoked paprika.
- Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.